Recommended Visual studio code extensions for Laravel developers
In this article, we’ll be looking at awesome vscode extensions for PHP/Laravel developers.
Vscode is a free open-source text editing tool by Microsoft with support for developing applications using different programming languages. It has built-in Git functionality.
Install extensions to add new languages, themes, debuggers, and to connect to additional services. Extensions run in separate processes, ensuring they won’t slow down your editor.
It has a desktop app for Windows, Linux and macOS. Find out more about Vscode
Vscode is one of the best editors a developer should’ve.
The following are a few amongst many extensions out there to smoothen your development experience in building Laravel apps.
This is one of the finest laravel vscode extensions with 10 extensions in one (collection of vscode extensions)
The laravel blade snippet, dotEnv, laravel artisan, go to view, go to controller, laravel extra IntelliSense, PHP debug, PHP IntelliSense, editor config for VScode, are added automatically when the laravel extensions package is installed.
- Blade syntax highlight
- Blade snippets using the @ symbol to access the list of blade snippet
- Blade formatting
DotEnv Extension has support for highligting .env variables and values
With this extension, we can run laravel commands within vscode and also suggest the list of laravel commands in a situation where a developer cannot recall the command name.
Go to view With this extension, a developer can easily navigate to a file from within the code snippets by holding the ctrl key plus click on Windows.
Alt + click to navigate from a route to a respective controller file.
- Route names and route parameters
- Views and variables
- Translations and translation parameters
- Laravel mix function
- Validation rules
- View sections and stacks
- Route Middlewares
- Model Attributes (Beta!)
- Blade directives
PHP Namespace Resolver can import and expand your class. You can also sort your imported classes by line length or in alphabetical order.
Add beautiful custom icons to folders on the directory
- Highlight lines containing diagnostics
- Append diagnostic as text to the end of the line
- Show icons in gutter
- Show message in status bar
- Fuzzy-matching autocomplete to create new file relative to existing path (thanks to JoeNg93 for making it faster)
- Create new directories while creating a new file
- Create a directory instead of a file by suffixing the file path with / as in somedirectory/ to create the directory (thanks to maximilianschmitt)
- Ignores gitignored and workspace files.exclude settings.
- Additional option of adding advancedNewFile.exclude settings to workspace settings just like native files.exlude except it explicitly effects AdvancedNewFile plugin only. (thanks to Kaffiend)
- Control the order of top convenient options (“last selection”, “current file”, etc) via config setting advancedNewFile.convenienceOptions
A convenient way of creating, duplicating, moving, renaming, deleting files and directories.
Inspired by Sidebar Enhancements for Sublime.
Thank you for reading this article.
Please kindly share with your network and feel free to use the comment section for questions, answers, and contributions.
Originally published at https://alemsbaja.hashnode.dev.